With the month of February comes one of the most significant dates for lovers: Valentine's Day. The way we shop for the day has evolved in recent years, for businesses as well as browsers. Selling on Valentine's Day is no longer the reserve of florists and chocolate shops. More and more businesses are using the occasion to promote their products and sell more. Today we're going to look at how you can increase your ecommerce sales for Valentine's Day.
Prepare your ecommerce for the big day and make sure all eyes are on you
If you want your audience to go to your site and buy your products, you need to grab their attention. If you don't tempt browsers to come to your online store, they won't come at all. The first thing you need to do is get your ecommerce ready for the occasion.
Here are some ideas for getting browsers' attention:
- Give your online store a Valentine's Day makeover: you could create a special landing page for the day, or decorate it with romantic banners. That will get your audience in the mood for romance and encourage them to buy.
- Help browsers find what they're looking for: put your offers in visible places, so they're easy to access. The fewer the clicks, the more likely browsers are to buy.
- Responsive design: 75% of browsers shop and search via mobile devices on Valentine's Day. If your business isn't ready yet, it's time to get to work.
- Translate your website: this is something you always need to think about. If you have an online presence, you can reach the whole world. It's important to translate your website if you want to expand your market - if browsers find offers in their native language it makes it much easier for them to buy.
How to increase your e-commerce sales
Once your ecommerce is looking good and ready to go, it's time to take action and attract your audience. Here are some examples:
- Show recommended gifts
- Time limited campaigns
- Free shipping
- Give discounts for future purchases
- Customise offers and promotions
- Insert relevant keywords for the day into your content
- Segment your target audience by age, tastes, country, etc.
Last year 6.3 million Spanish people bought online, with an average spend of €122 per person. Getting a grasp of browser data and search trends means you can adapt your ecommerce site for Valentine's Day and get more sales for your business. Is yours ready yet? Translate - they'll love it!