From 16 to 19 April Spain's leading food, beverage and gastronomy fair, Alimentaria 2018, was held in Barcelona. We didn't want to miss out, so we attended the fair for its latest edition. We'll tell you!
What is Alimentaria 2018?
The fair connects the Spanish food and beverage industry with the key markets in Spain, Europe and Latin America. During this 22th edition, around 150,000 professionals guests from 156 countries met in Barcelona. The event also had the participation of 4,500 exhibiting companies from 70 countries and generated a turnover of around 200 million euros.
As with every edition, the companies exhibited their products across 6 different pavilions, separated into:
- Multiple Foods:an exhibition of mass-market products, where visitors could discover the latest food trends.
- Expoconser:an exhibition of preserves and semi-preserves, smoked products, savoury products, marinated products and pre-cooked products.
- Intervin:an exhibition of wines, ciders and spirits, where professionals from different countries could find out the latest industry news.
- Intercan:an exhibition of meat and meat products, demonstrating the sector's vocation in the export market.
- Interlact:an exhibition of dairy produce and related products, where tradition and craftsmanship combine with technological advances.
- Restaurama:showroom for the food service and hospitality industry, where professionals and companies from the Horeca channel meet.
The Alimentaria 2018 fair is leader once again among the industry's European fairs and has established itself as one of the principle platforms for promoting the launch of new products on the international stage.
At AT Language Solutions, we believe it's important to attend our country's leading fairs, because we aim to be up-to-date with the latest trends and innovations from the different sectors. In this case, attending Alimentaria 2018 helped us to get an in-depth knowledge of the industry's needs, and offer our translation services to companies like: Yogi Tea, Europastry, Pastisasrt and Adam Foods.