Connectors for translating websites are one of the best technologies for localisation because they allow large parts of the process to be automated. Website localisation can prove to be a real challenge, as it raises many questions. Furthermore, managing the translation is not always easy. In this way, connectors do a lot to help the people who manage the translation of a website.
Native connectors are an excellent option for translating a website quickly and easily. At this point you may be wondering what exactly these connectors are, and how can they make your life easier?
Connectors to translate your website: What are they, and what are they for?
Connectors for translating a website facilitate importing and exporting content as needed. It may seem like a minor detail, but it is actually a fundamental part of the automatisation of translation management and helps to avoid human manipulation errors. To give you an idea of how it works, let's use our own process as an example.
- The connector links the client's CMS directly with our team of translators.
- The customer manually selects the content of their website they wish to translate and sends it to us directly from their own CMS.
- Our native translators translate the content into the language or languages which the client has chosen.
- Once the content has been translated, it is transferred directly from AT back to the website via the connector.
When using connectors to translate a web page, the user decides which content to translate and when to send it for translation. This method is highly recommended for uncomplicated websites, with few pages and content which is more or less static. This method is usually more cost-effective than others on the market, and users have a high degree of control of the content to be translated and published online.
At AT Language Solutions we work with the following native connectors:
The most convenient option to translate a WordPress site is using the world's most popular plug-in: WPML. With the WPML plug-in and AT Language Solutions you can do it quickly and easily. Once you've installed it on your website, all you need to do is activate the AT Language Solutions translation service and send your content to be translated by our translators. With this plug-in, it's possible for any website created with WordPress to become multilingual!
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
AT Language Solutions is an Adobe partner, and we're exclusive distributors of this plug-in which automates the translation process to make it as simple as possible.
This native connector allows you to filter and select content to be translated, send it directly to our team of professional translators, and receive it back through your website once it has been translated. Just like that - it's hassle-free. This avoids the potential for human errors when managing translations and automates the translation process as much as possible. This connector is also SEO friendly!
Our native connector for Magnolia websites is free and greatly simplifies the translation process. Designed for websites with a large volume of content, where otherwise the extraction would be complicated and time consuming.
The connection is secure from end-to-end and works via a multilingual management platform with automated quality processes and systems. Translating a website through a connector reduces time to market and creates significant cost savings.
Regardless of the content management system which you use, we work with a remote access automated solution for our translators, optimising the translation process as much as possible.
Using our software, the user can request translations directly from their website, with no need to worry about file formats or tracking different file versions. The user will receive a quality translation, ready to publish directly on their platform.
Advantages of using connectors to translate your website
- No complications: Using connectors is very easy and intuitive. Translation management is therefore simplified into a less onerous task.
- Flexibility: Pages can be updated by language. For example, if you only want to translate the "Who we are" section of your website into English, you can specify this using the connector.
- Improved SEO positioning: We all know that SEO is the way forward. SEO is the backbone of a website's success because it is the best way to attract visitors and potential customers. Translation connectors allow you to translate your content, but also tags, meta-tags, categories, etc.
- Monitoring: These plug-ins offer the option to view and monitor the status of your translations. As such, the user is always informed and has full visibility over their orders.
- Management in the long-term: Beyond the initial configuration, the plug-in is easy to manage. The maintenance is minimal and basically consists of updating once in a while.
- The user does not have to commit: There is no contractual tie involved in the use of a translation connector. You can change CMS at any time and delete the connector which was installed. None of the translated content will be lost!
If you want to translate your website professionally and at the highest quality, get in touch!